Our Vision: Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health will be the innovative leader in effective consumer-sensitive mental health services. In so doing, we will continue to be an advocate for the consumer while educating the community in the promotion of mental health.
Our Mission: Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority will facilitate, manage and provide services for the support and treatment of people with mental, emotional and developmental disabilities, including those whose disabilities co-occur with substance abuse. We will strive to prevent risk factors leading to these conditions.
These services will be designed to enhance each person’s potential to recover, live and work independently within the community.
Our Core Values:
- Consumer focus shall be at the heart of all activities.
- Honesty, respect and trust are values that shall be practiced by all.
- We will be supportive and encouraging to bring out the best in one another. While we recognize our responsibility to participate, and we need the ability to disagree and confront, we should do so in a fashion that personal offense is neither given or taken, and no one need fear retaliation.
- Recognition of progress and movement toward a continuously improving environment is a responsibility for all.
- We prefer decision-by-consensus as a decision-making model and will honor all consensus decisions.