About This Service
Inpatient psychiatric care may be used to treat a person with mental illness who requires care in a 24-hour medically structured and supervised facility. Inpatient treatment consists of contractual services with MyMichigan Medical Center Alpena, Pointe East, and other private hospitals for residents of our catchment area. Authorization and approval decisions for inpatient treatment are made according to MDHHS and Medicaid Level of Care Guidelines.
NeMCMHA is responsible for:
- Preadmission screening to determine whether alternative services are appropriate and available.
- Provision of notice regarding rights to a second opinion in the case of denials.
- Coordination with substance use treatment providers, when appropriate.
- Referral to and linkage with alternative services, when appropriate.
- Communication with the treating and/or referring provider.
- Communication with the primary care physician or health plan.
- Planning in conjunction with hospital personnel for the individual’s after-care services.