- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Mileage Reimbursement
The Coordinator is responsible for the development of housing options for individuals seeking to attain an independent lifestyle. Will help to obtain safe, appropriate and affordable housing, taking into consideration special needs or environmental modifications. Collaborates with SIP Supervisors to secure staff and assist with scheduling. Manages the SIP Supervisors and is a mentor to staff who provide service to individuals of the program. Assists in all aspects of obtaining independent living to include but not limited to, making applications for Medicaid Waiver Funds (in order to make environmental modifications), start-up of households, training on budgeting, coordinating services with other agencies as well as with supports coordinators, attending planning meetings, and working with families. Additionally the Coordinator is responsible for the overall operation of the Responder System used to assist individuals attain greater levels of independence, and including supervison of the Emergency Response Supervisor. Familiarity with and embraces the practice and philosophies and tools of gentle teaching.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized or accredited school in the area of education, human services, or a related area. Must attain highest level of licensure according to state guidelines. Substitutions of education and/or experience may be considered on an individual basis where appropriate.
- At least three years of experience in working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred. .
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, families, providers, clinical staff, and members of the community at large.
- Good communication, planning and organizational skills are essential.
- Functional computer literacy is required.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $28.44 to $39.26/per hour
Apply for Position