Older Adult Services Supervisor
$2,000 Sign On Bonus after 30 days of employment!
NeMCMHA is a certified HRSA Loan Repayment site – you may qualify for up to $50,000 in loan forgiveness with a 2-year commitment.
Salary: $59,155 to $81,660/year
What is OAS?
Older Adult Services (OAS) include assessment, treatment, and consultative services for individuals with serious mental illnesses, including those co-occurring with substance use disorder, who are 55 years of age or older. Service modality includes, but is not limited to, targeted case management, crisis intervention, advocacy services, supportive counseling, linking, coordinating, and monitoring as defined by the Medicaid Manual and NeMCMHA Level of Care Guidelines. Services occur in the community, the Agency, the individual’s home, foster care home, or nursing home.
Do I need license in order to apply? Yes. A Master’s degree in Social Work or be a Registered Nurse and have the state licensure required.
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, or a Registered Nursing degree from an accredited institution.
- Must possess state licensure as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) or Registered Nurse (RN).
- One or more years of relevant mental health experience and clinical supervision.
- One or more years of experience working with older adults.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are required.
- Functional computer literacy required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (as determined by the agency).
- Will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Older Adult Services Program.
- This individual will participate in consultation, treatment planning and monitoring services for residents of nursing homes with severe and persistent mental health issues.
- This individual may also be required to maintain a caseload and provide supervision of case management services to individuals living independently or in dependent care placements within the community.
- This will include obtaining and documenting all necessary information as mandated.
- Works with all Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority (NeMCMHA) staff in determining the most appropriate treatment regimen in meeting the identified needs of this population.
- Staff will develop and complete Intake Assessments, Pre-plans and Individual Plans of Service consistent with person centered planning guidelines.
- Health Insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term & short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Social Security Opt-Out
- Qualify for loan forgiveness
- And more!
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.
Apply for Position