$2,000 Sign On Bonus after 30 days of employment!
NeMCMHA is a certified HRSA Loan Repayment site – you may qualify for up to $50,000 in loan forgiveness with a 2-year commitment.
Salary: $56,846 to $78,540/year
What is a Community Mental Health Psychologist?
Psychologists are responsible for developing behavioral treatment plans for individuals, as well as monitoring the implementation of these plans. To come up with a plan they identify the strengths and areas of weakness for an individual and look at how to increase and improve upon those areas.
They may perform initial assessments and/or psychological evaluations to determine eligibility for initial or ongoing services at NeMCMH, as well as for guardianship. There are times when testimony to the probate court may be required, and participation in the after-hours emergency on call rotation and the completion of prescreens for inpatient hospitalization and/or emergency crisis services is necessary. Community Mental Health Psychologists may carry a small caseload of individuals seeking outpatient therapy services as well.
Do I need a license in order to apply? Yes. A Master’s degree in Psychology and the appropriate state licensure are required. Limited licensure is acceptable.
Is On-Call compensated? Yes! We have a generous compensation schedule for our on-call rotation staff.
- Master’s degree in psychology from a recognized or accredited school or an acceptable alternative providing a limited license to practice psychology.
- Completion of a clinical internship, practicum, or field work as required for licensure.
- Limited license (or eligible for a temporary limited license) by the State of Michigan (i.e. LLP).
- Knowledge of mental illness (MI) and intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD) is preferred.
- Knowledge of behavioral programming and of psychometric, diagnostic, and evaluative techniques.
- Good communication skills--both verbal and written--are required.
- Functional computer literacy is required within 6 months from the date of hire.
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- Member of the clinical support team
- Responsible for the identification of behavioral and psychological strengths and weaknesses; the development of habilitative plans to increase adaptive skills; and for the development, implementation, and monitoring of behavior treatment plans.
- May provide psychiatric emergency services that will include: triage, crisis intervention and stabilization, referral for all individuals of NeMCMH (adult and children).
- Will function as a consultant and resource person for staff working directly with individuals.
- Will complete periodic evaluations of cognitive and adaptive skills of individuals and develop habilitative programs; advise paraprofessionals and other professional staff in the implementation of approved behavioral programs; prepare reports and maintain records; assist in ensuring the behavior programs follow approved guidelines for dealing with inappropriate and/or maladaptive behaviors; provide in-service training and consultation to staff, individuals, their families, and other agencies as required; attend team meetings for individuals; and attend other meetings as requested.
- Will also be responsible for evaluating individuals for guardianship and providing testimony in the Probate Courts.
- Health Insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term & short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Social Security Opt-Out
- Qualify for loan forgiveness
- And more!
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.
Apply for Position