Peer Support Specialist
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Mileage Reimbursement
Peer specialist services provide individuals with opportunities to support, mentor and assist beneficiaries to achieve community inclusion, participation, independence, recovery, resiliency and/or productivity. Peers are individuals who have a unique background and skill level from their experience in utilizing services and supports to achieve their personal goals of community membership, independence and productivity. Peers have a special ability to gain trust and respect of other beneficiaries based on shared experience and perspectives with disabilities and with planning and negoitiating human services systems.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred but other attributes such as organizational skills, experience with mental illness or other disabilities may qualify an individual for this position.
- Employee must be a consumer. Status as primary consumer is preferable; secondary consumer status is acceptable.
- One or more years of relevant mental health experience.
- Good communication skills are required and ability to teach and relate to mental health consumers.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the agency.
Job Type: Part-time
Apply for Position