OBRA Assessment Nurse
$1,000 Sign On Bonus after 30 days of employment!
NeMCMHA is a certified HRSA Loan Repayment site – you may qualify for up to $50,000 in loan forgiveness with a 2-year commitment.
Pay: $24.86 to $34.34
What is OBRA?
"The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA), also known as the Nursing Home Reform Act of 1987, has dramatically improved the quality of care in the nursing home over the last twenty years by setting forth federal standards of how care should be provided to residents.
This Act is interpreted with the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (42 CFR Part 483). Such improvements include less use of antipsychotic drugs, a reduction in chemical and physical restraint use, and a reduction in inappropriate use of indwelling urinary catheters."
As an OBRA Nurse, you'll work with Northeast Michigan's OBRA/PASARR eligible population, in tandem with the OBRA Clinician and the OBRA Supervisor, to ensure the best care is provided.
Is there training available? Yes! NeMCMHA offers paid training if you are unfamiliar with OBRA and PASARR.
Do I need a license in order to apply? Yes. State registration as a Registered Nurse is required.
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- Registered Nurse Degree from a recognized or accredited institution with course work in mental health and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Three or more years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are required.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities and of people with developmental disabilities desirable.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Functional computer literacy is required.
As an Assessment Nurse you will:
- Participate in providing pre-admission assessments and annual resident review for the office of Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA).
- Facilitate fulfillment of OBRA requirements for nursing facilities.
- Be required to obtain working knowledge of the OBRA rules and regulations regarding the PASARR process.
- Work with staff in determining the most appropriate treatment regimen in meeting the identified needs of this population.
- Be responsible for providing educational and training services to individuals and groups in the community designed to improve awareness of OBRA processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various psychoactive medications and their potential effects/side effects in the geriatric population.
- Maintain good working relationships with multiple providers in the community (Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Home Health Care Agencies, Hospices, etc.)
- Maintains appropriate documentation in accord with agency standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate functional computer literacy in all agency documentation.
- Participate in trainings aimed at the provision of services for individuals with co-occurring disorders.
- Be knowledgeable about resources available in the community.
- Comply with guidelines established by PIHP, MDHHS, Medicaid and any other regulatory/monitoring agencies that protect individuals served.
- Demonstrates accurate understanding of assessment and diagnoses for persons requesting mental health services in accordance to the DSM 5(or current edition).
- Demonstrates knowledge of Universal precautions, standards of practice including but not limited to confidentiality and recipient rights, and emergency protocol.
- Short-term disability
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.
Apply for Position