OBRA Assessment Nurse
- Registered Nurse Degree from a recognized or accredited institution with course work in mental health and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Three or more years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are required.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Functional computer literacy is required.
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Mileage Reimbursement
As an Assessment Nurse you will:
- Participate in providing pre-admission assessments and annual resident review for the office of Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA).
- Facilitate fulfillment of OBRA requirements for nursing facilities.
- Be required to obtain working knowledge of the OBRA rules and regulations regarding the PASARR process.
- Work with staff in determining the most appropriate treatment regimen in meeting the identified needs of this population.
- Be responsible for providing educational and training services to individuals and groups in the community designed to improve awareness of OBRA processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various psychoactive medications and their potential effects/side effects in the geriatric population.
- Maintain good working relationships with multiple providers in the community (Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Home Health Care Agencies, Hospices, etc.)
- Maintains appropriate documentation in accord with agency standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate functional computer literacy in all agency documentation.
- Participate in trainings aimed at the provision of services for individuals with co-occurring disorders.
- Be knowledgeable about resources available in the community.
- Comply with guidelines established by PIHP, MDHHS, Medicaid and any other regulatory/monitoring agencies that protect individuals served.
- Demonstrates accurate understanding of assessment and diagnoses for persons requesting mental health services in accordance to the DSM 5(or current edition).
- Demonstrates knowledge of Universal precautions, standards of practice including but not limited to confidentiality and recipient rights, and emergency protocol.
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay: $24.86 to $34.34
Apply for Position