10 Paid Holidays
Generous leave time package
Qualify for loan forgiveness
$2,000 Sign On Bonus after 30 days of employment!
NeMCMHA is a certified HRSA Loan Repayment site – you may qualify for up to $50,000 in loan forgiveness with a 2-year commitment.
What is a Crisis Response and Stabilization (CRS) Clinician?
CRS Clinicians provide therapy to individuals with severe and persistent mental illness or severe emotional disturbance. They teach coping skills, provide support, and process thoughts and emotions. CRS Clinicians tailor treatment to the needs of the individual to meet the individual’s goals, and also provide assessment and immediate stabilization of acute symptoms of mental illness to ensure safety in crisis situations.
Do I need a license in order to apply? Yes. A LMSW or LLMSW / LPC or LLPC is required.
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- Master’s degree from a recognized or accredited institution, with course work in mental health related areas.
- Possess State Registration as an LMSW or LPC (or be able to acquire within a reasonable period of time: i.e. LLMSW will be getting full LMSW).
- LLMSW or LLPC will be considered and offered free supervision for full licensure.
- One or more years of relevant mental health crisis intervention/stabilization experience.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Ability to adequately participate in psychiatric emergency triage with emphasis on problem resolution, crisis stabilization, and utilization of “brief therapy” interventions.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Functional computer literacy is required.
- Provides psychiatric emergency services, crisis response and stabilization (CRS), that will include: triage, crisis intervention and stabilization, referral and/or short term brief therapy for all individuals of mental health services (adult and children).
- Staff will be able to correctly triage, assess and report to agency medical providers and other team members the individual’s mental health status and planned course of action.
- Will maintain an outpatient therapy caseload and may be required to facilitate group therapy.
- Will develop and complete Intake Assessments, Pre-Plans and Individual Plans of Service, consistent with person centered planning guidelines.
- Service provision will include assessing treatment needs of individuals and include providing individual and group therapy in non-traditional settings.
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.