Pay range for this position is $16.71-$23.56
What is a Medical Assistant at NeMCMHA?
The Medical Assistant is responsible for supporting the clinical nursing staff in psychiatric services. Duties include obtaining vital signs, medication reconciliation, obtaining essential medical information, prior authorizations for medications and updates to the electronic health record. They are responsible for collaboration and coordination with pharmacies, physicians, hospitals and laboratories on behalf of the people receiving psychiatric services.
Do I need a license in order to apply? Yes, this position requires a CMA/AAMA or RMA from an accredited institution.
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- Associate’s Degree and be a Certified Medical Assistant-CMA/AAMA or Registered Medical Assistant-RMA from accredited institution required.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (as determined by the agency).
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as with a team are essential.
- Good interpersonal skills in relating to public and peers, tactful and courteous.
- Functional computer literacy is required.
The Medical Assistant will…
- compose health related progress notes, collect an individual’s vital signs, body weights, Body Mass Index (BMI), update an individual’s allergy information and pharmacy information.
- understand documentation of all health information within the electronic health record (EHR).
- complete medication reconciliation to include hospital discharge medications for individuals seen by the prescriber.
- assist nursing staff with health care coordination activities.
- answer individual calls and take messages for routine calls and forward to the appropriate nurse or prescriber.
- assist with processing medication refill requests.
- process prior authorizations for medication refills.
- collaborate with infection control nurse for appropriate disposal of medical waste in accordance with agency procedures.
- assist with coordinating lab requests and relaying lab results to prescribers.
- demonstrate knowledge of universal precautions, standards of practice including and emergency protocol.
- Health Insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-term & short-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Social Security Opt-Out
- Qualify for loan forgiveness
- And more!
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.
Apply for Position