Hospital Discharge Planner - CRS (Crisis Response Services)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Mileage Reimbursement
Provides psychiatric emergency services that will include: triage, crisis intervention and stabilization, referral and/or short term brief therapy for all individuals of mental health services. Will be assigned to work with individuals who display more severe symptoms of serious and persistent mental illness/serious and emotional disturbances. It is essential that the staff work within a team framework, and demonstrate willingness to work with others. Attend and participate in hospital care plan meetings to assist with discharge planning. Staff will be able to correctly triage, assess and report to agency psychiatrist and other team members the individual’s mental health status and planned course of action. Staff will develop and complete assessments, pre-plans and Individual Plans of Service, consistent with person centered planning guidelines as mandated in the Case Recording Guidelines established by the NeMCMHA. Follow up care for individuals who are discharged from psychiatric hospitals until they are fully integrated with services from NeMCMHA, and outreach to those individuals who were screened but did not meet criteria for authorization for hospitalization. Monitor court ordered treatment plans for individuals not established with NeMCMHA. Will be an active member of the Children’s Diagnostic and Treatment Team.
- Nursing Degree or Bachelor's Degree from a recognized or accredited institution, with course work in mental health related areas.
- Possess State Registration as a Registered Nurse, LBSW (or be able to acquire within a reasonable period of time i.e. LLBSW will be eliegible for an LBSW).
- One or more years of relevant mental health crisis intervention/stabilization experience
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Ability to adequately participate in psychiatric emergency triage with emphasis on problem resolution, crisis stabilization, and utilization of “brief therapy” interventions
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written are required).
- Functional computer literacy is required.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $20.17 to $34.34/Hour
Apply for Position