Employment Specialist-MI Services
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Mileage Reimbursement
The person who assumes this position will provide support and assistance to people with mental illness/substance abuse so they may overcome barriers and gain access to competitive community employment. This person will be involved in “person-centered” planning meetings when desired by consumers and will play an integral role in facilitating consumers’ dreams, desires, and needs related to competitive employment as a member of that person’s integrated clinical team. The Employment Specialist will encourage consumers to play an active role in his/her own job development, job selection, and follow-along services. Responsibilities range from assisting consumers in recognizing their employment interests and capabilities to assisting consumers in development of an employment plan. Development and oversight of consumers’ self employment business plans including marketing is also essential. The Employment Specialist will carry out special assigned duties as required by the MI Employment Coordinator to enhance the delivery of Supported Employment Services.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience in working with people with serious mental illness/substance abuse and the impact of mental illness on vocational functioning preferred.
- Must possess ability to identify the desired employment outcomes of the consumer.
- Must have skills to engage the consumer and employers.
- General knowledge and experience in job development and marketing and strong interpersonal skills preferred.
- Ability to work as an effective team player is essential.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the agency.
- Prefer candidate to have own dependable vehicle.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $29,889 to $51,001/year
Apply for Position