Community Living Support Worker
Pay for this position starts at $16.22/hr
What is a Community Support Worker?
Community Living Supports (CLS) are used to increase or maintain personal self-sufficiency, facilitating an individual’s achievement of goals related to community participation/inclusion, independence, or productivity. CLS also provides children and youth with support and skill development.
Services are provided on-site in an individual’s home or in a community setting and may be provided in a licensed specialized residential setting as a complement to, and in conjunction with, personal care.
Is there training for this position? Yes! NeMCMHA provides 100% paid staff training for our new-hires.
What types of CLS are available? Part-time Home-based Children’s Assistant, CLS-Worker for people with developmental disabilities, CLS-Worker for people with mental illness, and Behavioral Health Home CLS-Worker are all examples of CLS positions.
Do I need a license in order to apply? No! Though we do encourage people who have their CNA, DCW, or RTW training to apply, we provide all of the training necessary for this role.
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities and of people with developmental disabilities desirable.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Ability to communicate effectively with consumers, families/providers, and community recreation providers in gaining access to inclusive leisure experiences.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (as determined by the agency).
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays, and occasional overnight trips as needed.
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
Community Support Workers will:
- Assist the individual to increase or maintain personal self-sufficiency, facilitating goals of community inclusion and participation.
- Assist individuals served gain access to participation in recreational, volunteer and other community based activities of their choosing.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary team meetings and person-centered planning process.
- Assist, prompt and support individuals served in activities identified in the Individual Plan of Service (IPOS).
- Assist with preserving the health and safety of individuals served to support the most integrated and independent setting.
- Community Living Support (CLS) activities will focus on improving independence and enhancing recovery.
- Short-term disability
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.
Apply for Position