Community Living Support Worker
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities and of people with developmental disabilities desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with consumers, families/providers, and community recreation providers in gaining access to inclusive leisure experiences.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual/ developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (as determined by the agency).
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays, and occasional overnight trips as needed.
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Community Support Workers will:
- Assist the individual to increase or maintain personal self sufficiency, facilitating goals of community inclusion and participation.
- Assist individuals served gain access to participation in recreational, volunteer and other community based activities of their choosing.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary team meetings and person-centered planning process.
- Assist, prompt and support individuals served in activities identified in the Individual Plan of Service (IPOS).
- Assist with preserving the health and safety of individuals served to support the most integrated and independent setting.
- Community Living Support (CLS) activities will focus on improving independence and enhancing recovery.
Job Type: Part-time
Apply for Position