$2,000 Sign On Bonus after 30 days of employment!
NeMCMHA is a certified HRSA Loan Repayment site – you may qualify for up to $50,000 in loan forgiveness with a 2-year commitment.
Salary: $56,846 - $78,427
What is a Children’s Clinician?
Children’s Clinicians work in the home and community setting to provide therapy, resources and supports to children with severe emotional disturbance and their families. They teach coping skills, provide parent training, and process thoughts and emotions with the family. Children’s Clinicians also tailor treatment to the needs of the child and their family to meet the family’s goals.
Do I need a license in order to apply? Yes. A Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling with the appropriate state licensure is required.
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited school in psychology, social work or counseling.
- Must possess appropriate licensure (LLP, LMSW, LPC). Substitutions of education and/or experience may be considered on an individual basis.
- LLMSW or LLPC will be considered and offered free supervision for full licensure.
- Experience providing children/family/ mental health services and experience working within a treatment team, two years is preferred.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Good communication skills to include mediation is vital (both verbal and written are required.)
- Functional computer literacy is required
- Provide direct services to parents, children, and their families, in which there is a diagnosis of serious mental illness or emotional disturbance as defined in the DSM-V.
- Focuses on bolstering parenting skills, enhancing knowledge of child development, supporting positive parent-child interaction, resolving emotional conflicts, and assisting with the management of stressful daily events.
- Clinician will be required to provide clinical services to mentally ill parents and children with emotional or behavioral problems by treating the child and family.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Qualify for loan forgiveness
- And more!
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.
Apply for Position