Salary: $17.04 - $23.48
What is an Accounting Clerk?
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for working with the General Ledger, as well as generating financial statements and reports. They manage all functions associated with Accounts Receivable, in addition to client funds, and all Purchasing functions. They maintain inventory records for fixed assets, computer equipment and medical supplies; generate Payroll, process time sheets, issue bi-weekly checks, tax reports, garnishments, levies, child support payments, journal entries and cash transfers.
What office will this be at? Our Alpena office at 400 Johnson St. next to the hospital.
What shifts are available? 8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
Do I need a license in order to apply? No. We do encourage those with experience and higher education to apply, but a license is not required.
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- Minimum educational level is a high school diploma; advanced education preferred.
- A minimum of one year of direct accounting experience with purchasing, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, and general ledger preferred.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Keyboarding and computer skills sufficient to perform job responsibilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to relate well with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
As an Accounting Clerk you will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of universal precautions, standards of practice (confidentiality of client records, and recipient rights) and emergency protocol.
- Demonstrate proficiency in General Accounting principles and computer skills.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to operate office machines with an above average degree of skill.
- Be responsible for posting, reconciling, and auditing the General Ledger.
- Generate financial statements and reports.
- Manage all functions associated with Accounts Receivable.
- Complete all tasks associated with processing Accounts Payable vouchers.
- Manage client funds, prepare eligibility reports and food stamp distribution.
- Maintain books for Blue Horizons Licensed Adult Foster Home.
- Perform all Purchasing functions.
- Maintain inventory records for fixed assets, computer equipment and medical supplies.
- Manage personal care payments.
- Generate payroll, process time sheets, issue bi-weekly checks, tax reports, garnishments, levies, child support payments, journal entries and cash transfers.
- Demonstrate computer skills sufficient to carry out all job responsibilities.
- Demonstrate tact and similar qualities necessary to deal with others.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Qualify for loan forgiveness
- And more!
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.
Apply for Position