ABA Case Manager
$1,000 Sign On Bonus after 30 days of employment!
NeMCMHA is a certified HRSA Loan Repayment site – you may qualify for up to $50,000 in loan forgiveness with a 2-year commitment.
Salary: $41,953 to $71,427/yr
What is ABA?
Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) is a program for children under 21 years of age with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) who have the developmental capacity to clinically participate in available interventions.
ABA is an evidenced based practice used to:
- Promote significant improvement in behavior
- Reduce problem behaviors
- Increase social skills, language, and communication
- Increase safety skills
- Increase play and leisure skills
- Increase coping skills
ABA treatment relies on direct support and training of family members and other involved professionals. This treatment can take place in the community or in the child’s home.
Do I need a license in order to apply? Yes. A Bachelor or Master of Social Work and the necessary State licensure are required. (Limited licensure will be considered.)
This posting takes place on-site. Due to the nature of the work, remote employment is currently unavailable for this position.
- Bachelors of Social Work degree required, Masters of Social Work degree preferred, from a recognized or accredited institution, with course work in mental health related areas.
- Must attain highest level of licensure according to state guidelines. (LBSW / LMSW, or LLBSW / LLMSW able to acquire next level within a reasonable period of time.)
- LLMSW or LLPC will be considered and offered free supervision for full licensure.
- One or more years of relevant mental health experience and must have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) experience.
- Lived experience with mental illness, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders valued.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are required.
- Functional computer literacy is required.
- Must have a Michigan driver's license and a satisfactory driving record as determined by the agency.
- Will provide core elements of case management to include assessment, service plan development, linking/coordination of services, reassessment/follow-up, and monitoring of services.
- Focuses on bolstering parenting skills, enhancing knowledge of child development, supporting positive parent-child interaction, resolving emotional conflicts, and assisting with the management of stressful daily events.
- Will provide clinical support services to parents and children with emotional or behavioral problems.
- This professional will be responsible for monitoring referrals to internal or external providers or community resources.
- Case Manager will also be responsible for working with contracted providers to ensure that person centered services are being provided.
- This includes but is not limited to the review of graphing, coordination with the contractor and the family, and overall monitoring of progress.
- Master’s level staff will also be responsible for intakes and assessments, testing, and diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Generous leave time package
- Qualify for loan forgiveness
- And more!
WHO ARE WE?
Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a CARF accredited behavioral health organization located in Alpena, Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron. We service Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency, and Presque Isle counties with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Our goal is to offer employees the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life. Our region offers a peaceful up north living with year round recreational opportunities.
Apply for Position